Friday, September 28, 2012

Monkey Say Monkey Due...

-Hello! thanks for visiting my first Blog, ever!!
 I thought to create a blog to show you my work in progress..Im not the BEST, but i do try my very best. I was always into baking until I decided to think outside the box and experiment with my imagination. So I hope you're entertained by my art work and creativity.

-So for this project.. Monkey say Monkey Due. my ex Co-worker's daughter is expecting her first child.. a baby boy. The mother to be is ecstatic and cant wait for her little "monkey". to come.so therefore Monkey Say Monkey Due.. late October..She asked to incorporate monkeys into the cupcakes for her baby shower.


I just cut out little circles out of chocolate fondant. and for the face I mixed in white fondant with chocolate fondant to get the color that I was looking for. As for the eyes and mouth, I just used a black marker... a food writer black marker!
Then I decided that 30 monkey cupcake toppers would be too much, so I asked my helper Kasandra to make Giraffe print toppers.. which she did very good at!


I also thought to blend in the yellow from the giraffe prints with the monkey's so we made mini yellow bow tie's out of Vanilla fondant with a pinch of yellow food coloring.
The cupcakes are Blue Velvet cupcakes with Cream cheese icing. Instead of red food coloring I put blue to go with the " its a boy " theme.
So thats it, this was my 1st at making monkey's and giraffe prints.. and I must say they came out
very cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment